A dental implant is basically a prosthesis which you may require if you are missing any of your teeth. The Next Generation Dental team is well-equipped with modern implant dentistry techniques and technologies. We promise to enhance the appearance of your smile along with ensuring the prevention of bone loss.
Why is a dental implant necessary?
Many people think dental implants are done only for aesthetic purposes and they refuse to get dental implants if the missing tooth is not in the visible region. But that’s not the right thing to do. A missing tooth not only affects your look but also creates issues with biting, chewing and speaking.
Also, if you don’t get dental implants done at the right time, your bad decision can lead to degeneration of the jawbone. This eventually can affect your facial structure.
Benefits of dental implant
Dental implants are a permanent solution to the missing tooth problem. You can enjoy the freedom to eat everything while having dental implants. They even provide more stability than dentures without causing any damage to the other teeth and gums.
Steps of getting dental implants
Step 1 (Consultation)
- Our team will collect all the essential information, scan and your schedule. Then all the details like- what you need, how much will cost, and how many sessions you may require, all of these will be discussed in this step.
Step 2 (Planning)
- The most comfortable treatment plan will be made for you at this step.
- To ensure you get the most perfect and natural-looking customized implants, we will use cutting-edge diagnostic and imaging technologies and other modeling devices that help us to create a 3D model of your teeth and prototype your smile with the implants.
Step 3 (Implant Placement)
- After figuring out a foolproof plan, our implantologist will place the implants into your jawbone with digitally-assisted tools.
Step 4 (Follow-ups During Implant Healing)
- After the implants are placed, the jawbone starts growing to fuse with the implants. At that time implants are monitored regularly to confirm proper bone growth along with implant stability.
Step 5 (Temporary Restoration)
- If an implant is placed in a front tooth, the missing gap during the healing period can be a problem. In such situations, we offer a temporary prosthetic restoration plan along with the implantation procedure.
Step 6 (Abutment Placement)
- When the implants are fully healed, we create a blueprint of customized abutments using advanced CAD/CAM technology. Then we set those abutments on top of the implants to support the dental structure.
Step 7 (Crown Replacement)
- At the final step, a crown is bonded with the abutment, which is customised concerning your adjacent teeth’ size, shape, color, and other aspects. Then finally the treatment is completed by providing a set of guidelines to ensure the long life of your dental implants and your smile.
When should you opt for a tooth implant?
If you have a missing tooth or you are considering removing a tooth, you should have a consultation with your dentist about a tooth implant.