Are you considering smile correction or cosmetic dentistry? Then this blog might help you to learn about the types and procedures.
Most people think cosmetic dental treatments are only for celebrities, but in reality, everyone deserves a good, attractive smile. While smiling, we feel happy, cheerful and seem friendly to others. Unless you have the confidence to show off your teeth, you cannot smile confidently, right? With aesthetically perfect teeth, you will never shy away from smiling. If you don’t have that naturally, own it with some easy dental treatments.
The 5 most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures are discussed briefly below.
Popular Cosmetic Dental Procedures
- Teeth Straightening: Straight teeth are a must for both oral health and aesthetic purpose. In cosmetic dentistry, metal braces aren’t used -as they irritate many adults- to fix misaligned or crooked teeth. Instead, clear braces or Invisalign are considered perfect as these cannot be seen, yet do the teeth fixing job equally well as metal braces. Invisalign treatment even takes less time than traditional, weird-looking, wired braces.
- Dental Veneers: Veneers are a blessing for cosmetic dentistry. These tooth-coloured thin films can fix multiple cosmetic dental issues like- filling unusual gaps between teeth, whitening teeth, covering cracks and chips and even aligning teeth in some cases.
Although veneer treatment is a bit costly, these can last 15 to 20 years if properly maintained. porcelain veneer and composite veneer treatment is
done by using the latest technology.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth can often get discoloured or stained for various reasons as- bad oral hygiene, smoking or an unhealthy diet. Such teeth make you look dull and require to be fixed. Our expert dentists use certified bleaching gel to brighten and lighten your teeth. To get the best result from this treatment, we suggest you have multiple appointments at our dental clinic.
- Contouring Teeth and Gums: To make the teeth look perfectly shaped, a new cosmetic dentistry treatment is trending nowadays. In this procedure, a small amount of enamel is erased to reshape the teeth. It is best for treating small chips or minor overlaps.
You can even contour your gums by laser treatment, if you think your smile shows too much gum or the gum line doesn’t look symmetrical.
- Dental Implant: A missing tooth makes you look incomplete while smiling and damages your confidence. But you can have dental implants as a permanent solution. It’s like a false tooth placed into the jawline with screws. The dental implant looks almost natural and lasts a lifetime if taken care of properly.
Why Get Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments?
Cosmetic treatments can fix your dental imperfections. Damage caused by poor oral hygiene or accidents can be corrected. Teeth aesthetic is also important for various reasons. You can find smile makeover before and after pictures available on the internet and notice how magically this can uplift appearance. Next Generation Dental has earned a reputation in the New York City cosmetic dentistry industry already. You can contact us to learn more about teeth cosmetics treatments and make an appointment at our dental office to consult with expert dentists about which treatment would be best for you.